Gumby & Pokey

6"x4" oil on panel (As promised, here is the second piece from my email twofer.) The above Gumby & Pokey was kind of a test run for possible larger pieces—maybe incorporating other toy characters. I usually take time to mull over such prospects while I look at the piece sitting on my drying rack. This process can take months, even years. Yes, I am a very slow muller. Well, this painting sold kind of fast, so I have not had it in the studio to mull over and it completely slipped my mind until I found this photo to share with you. So, I guess this makes me a slow muller with a short attention span(?). ••• The camera you see below came out of The Spousal Unit's grandfather's metal chest. This model of Argus camera is nicknamed "The Brick," and for good reason. It is. Maybe Argus thought people would taking the camera on safari, because I think you could stand your ground and throw this brick at a charging rhino and stop the poor creature in its tracks.

Posted November 20, 2018

sold • private collection los angeles, ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!