R-2 D-2 Drink with Red Straw


6"x4" oil on panel ••• Years ago, a friend of The Spousal Unit gave Her two Star Wars promotional humungo drink cup thingies. I have repeatedly threatened to donate them to some poor unsuspecting organization or person. During that time, I grew somewhat fond of R-2 D-2 here and just kept moving the cups around instead of getting rid of them. Then one magical day, I decided to paint R-2 D-2 and I would like to be able to say it was fun, but with all the odd angles and shapes, it was a bit of pain controlling the drawing as I was painting. In the end, it came out nicely, or at least that is The Spousal Unit's opinion (and I always go by Her opinion). The other cup thingy is fashioned after Princess Amidala and it is truly hideous (i.e., it will not be a subject of a painting). R-2 D-2 now happily resides in my studio, but that creepy Amidala thing is exiled to the garage. It is so hideous that I think I will put it outside to scare the cats in our neighborhood.

Posted August 24, 2020
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!