Two Bottles and a Cork



6"x4" oil on panel ••• I find it funny that, for a guy who paints a lot of bottles, I receive a lot of messages stating that I need to paint more bottles/glassware. The fun communiques are the ones where the sender states that they would accept paintings of chrome objects if I run out of bottles to paint. Isn't that nice of them?  One of those wonderful people put their bottle where their mouth is and gave me the green bottle you see in this painting. Seriously, isn't that nice!?!? (He actually gave me a bunch of nice bottles.)  There is also a delegation that would like me to paint only Converse sneakers and another group that states that if I paint another LEGO mini figure, they will unsubscribe from these emails. That may sound nasty, but to be honest, I appreciate it when somebody takes the time to communicate with me. That is, as long as they understand that any complaints might fall on deaf ears—I paint what I want to paint. That's just the way it is. (CAVEAT: When The Spousal Unit shoves freshly murdered flowers in my face, they must be painted. No ifs, no ands, no buts. It's in the marital bylaws somewhere.).

Posted August 30, 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!