4 Grand Prix Racer


4"x6" oil on panel  (As promised, here is the second piece from my email twofer.) I don't really have a story about the red racer you see below. I just think he's cool. So let's chat about the painting above. The whole Pokemon craze passed me by, so when I came upon this really ticked off yellow barking figurine in our house, I had no idea who or what he/she/it was, nor did I know why he/she/it was in such a foul mood. (I have since learned that its name is Pikachu.) I do know The Spousal Unit's little porcelain bunny does not care. As a matter of fact, that stoic little bunny (he is only about 1-1/4" tall) does not care what any of us think and I reckon he has the right attitude. He's the Quaalude bunny, he calms you down, I like him. They were on the shelf together and they just seemed like a good pairing for a painting. So, here they are in goo—a ticked off Pikachu thingy of undetermined gender and a cute little bunny who does not give a hoot what anybody thinks. (I am pretty sure the bunny will live longer.)

Posted March 8, 2019

sold • private collection washington, dc

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!