Savoy Camera

6"x4" oil on raymar panel. So, there I was, sitting in the left hand turn lane, waiting for the light to turn green, when a nice car ($90K plus) pulled up behind me. No big deal, right? When I looked in my rearview mirror I noticed there was no driver; the headrest appeared to be driving the car. The light turned green and I proceeded to drive and the spooky driverless car from hell followed me. Now, wouldn't that situation freak you out just a bit? Well, it freaked me out to the point that I had to drop back and get a better look, fully expecting to see the Headless Horseman driving with his flaming pumpkin head safely strapped into the passenger seat. When I got a better look, there was not a headless specter of doom driving, but a woman whose top of her head was below the dashboard. Must have been one of those self-driving cars.    I know, I know, I should be using this commentary to talk about the complexities of the art world and how it is so subjective and how success is not based on merit but rather on your willingness to pickle a large shark in a glass tank, but I thought the driverless car thing far more important.
 
Posted May 7, 2013

sold • private collection west hollywood, ca

2 comments:

  1. You are wonderful. A writer as well as a painter extraordinaire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your brushwork and color and commentary.

    ReplyDelete

 
Sign Up!