Mr. Charles Dickens

5"x5" oil on door skin panel. • Let's see... I've painted T.E.Lawrence... Auguste Renoir... Abraham Lincoln... and now poor Mr. Dickens gets to feel my wrath. He was a great author, but I can't say he is my favorite author. As a matter of fact, I do not even know who my favorite author is. I have read A Tale of Two Cities many more times than is healthy or recommended by any governmental regulatory agency, so Mr. Dickens would probably be high up on the list.  •  Human craniums are just too much fun, so I couldn't resist posthumously punishing Charles, especially with the whole hair thingy going on.  •  Judging from the response I received after yesterday's post, there are a lot of people out there interested in offloading their offspring onto the circus—especially teenage offspring. To answer the most commonly asked question: No, I do not know what the circus is offering for kids these days.

Posted January 31, 2013
sold • private collection ingolstadt, germany

1 comment:

  1. Love your portraits and your sense of color, Raymond !! It's so exciting the way you use color !!

    ReplyDelete

 
Sign Up!