Mr. Charles Dickens

5"x5" oil on door skin panel. Let's see... I've painted T.E.Lawrence... Auguste Renoir... Abraham Lincoln... and now poor Mr. Dickens gets to feel my wrath. He was a great author, but I can't say he is my favorite author. As a matter of fact, I do not even know who my favorite author is. I have read A Tale of Two Cities many more times than is healthy or recommended by any governmental regulatory agency, so Mr. Dickens would probably be high up on the list.    Human craniums are just too much fun, so I couldn't resist posthumously punishing Charles, especially with the whole hair thingy going on.    Judging from the response I received after yesterday's post, there are a lot of people out there interested in offloading their offspring onto the circus—especially teenage offspring. To answer the most commonly asked question: No, I do not know what the circus is offering for kids these days.

Posted January 31, 2013
sold • private collection ingolstadt, germany

1 comment:

  1. Love your portraits and your sense of color, Raymond !! It's so exciting the way you use color !!

    ReplyDelete

 
Sign Up!