The Formidable Mr. K

24"x16" oil on canvas. Well, this is my last post for 2012 and when I realized that you had only seen a small portion of this piece in one of my art show promos, I thought it fitting to post it now. It garnered a lot of attention at my opening night and it just seems Christmassy to me. Okay, maybe not 'Christmassy' in the traditional sense, but more like, "I wouldn't dare give this gentleman just a lump of coal in his stocking," sense. With that stare, it would be more of a "Here, just take my car keys and a very Merry Christmas to you too." This is one of those portraits that actually belies the fact that this man is very nice. He just chose to look at the artist in this fashion (and I do probably deserve that stare of suspicion).  •••  One thing this piece does illustrate is how fun shadows can be. When I come back to look at it, I find those dark areas are the ones I ponder. But, as you all know, I also ponder shiny objects and the occasional chicken, so don't pay any attention to me.

Thank you.
I would like to take this opportunity to wish everybody Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year! I really do appreciate everybody who follows my work (especially my collectors and subscribers) and those who put up with my inane commentary. So, a big, big THANK YOU from me to you and I do truly wish you the best in the New Year.  •••  Oh, and if you get bored over the holidays, go check out my show. I wouldn't want the gallery owner to get lonely.

"As I See It" art show by Raymond Logan

December 15, 2012 to January 31, 2013
Sycamore Gallery
116 East Lemon Avenue, Monrovia, CA 91016
(626) 357-6200
www.thesycamoregallery.com

 
Posted December 21, 2012

sold • private collection burbank, ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!