Strawberry Candy




















6"x4" oil on raymar panel. This is the last of my candy series. At least for now. Nothing else in the drawer caught my eye. Halloween is just around the corner and hopefully its harvest will supply more subject matter. Taking candy from a child is okay if you are doing it for art. At least that is what I tell the little devils and sometimes it actually works. That and being able to run really fast. Green is not a common pigment on my palette, but this painting required me to experiment with a couple of greens I normally don't engage: phthalo green and viridian. Many painting books recommend that if you have to use a green, use viridian, but quite frankly these two greens have always kind of freaked me out and aren't implemented by me unless a specific subject matter, like the green wrapper you see in this painting, require it.

Posted October 26, 2010
sold • private collection beverly hills, ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!