Malo as Frida




















10"x8" oil on ca
nvas. Maybe a better title for this would have been, "Malo as Frida Kahlo Condescending to Allow Raymond to Paint Her." Even more accurate would be, "Stare at This Painting Long Enough and You Will Go Insane." Why? Well, Malo was a great model; locked into position every time, but for me, this painting is more about my process than the wonderful Malo. There is so much going on here that I do not know where to start: Cools and warms dancing together; paint so thick up in that flower thingy that when I tried to pull my brush back, the canvas came with it; layers of paint dragged across their predecessors bringing out unexpected colors; me trying to accept those unexpected colors; and so on. Whew! I am tired just typing that sentence.
Posted October 27, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!