The Four Inch C Clamp




















6"x4" oil on raymar panel. All Hail the C Clamp! In the pantheon of great human inventions, the four inch C clamp ranks high. As a matter of fact, I think it's up there towards the pinnacle, right next to Saran wrap. I know, I know, that seems like an amazing proclamation, but I cannot tell you how many times these little guys have saved my you-know-what during a glue up. My best ones, of course, came from my father, are older than me, tough as nails, and smooth in action. Can't remember doing anything mean to my brother with them, but I still value them highly. It's just as that bespectacled promoter of safe woodworking Norm Abram will tell you – you can never have too many clamps or cookies. Okay, the cookie part is mine, but the sentiment still goes. Come see me at the Beverly Hills Affaire in the Gardens Art Show, October 16th and 17th, Booth #137 - close to the corner of Beverly and Santa Monica
Boulevards.Posted October 8, 2010
private collection san jose, ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!