Señor Fish

30"x 30" oil on canvas ••• Last summer, I had eight small pieces in the Cityscape Show at the George Billis Gallery/LA. Those pieces helped guide me when it came time to paint the larger versions that are in my current show (see below for show details). In some instances, I chose to alter the larger piece, sometimes not. The most common changes are formatting and composition; A piece might change from being a square to a rectangle for example. "Señor Fish" is an example of one that did not really change much, if at all. (I included the smaller piece here so you could see.) I admit that I have a penchant for increasing my skies (they are a playground for my color work), but the composition of the small "Señor Fish" seemed rock solid to me, so I stuck with the square format. I have made a short video for this piece that shows more details and posted it on my YouTube channel. You do not need to sign up to YouTube to view videos, just click on the link below and take a look. ••• I hope you enjoy it! 

Señor Fish Youtube Video 

See Raymond's Work at George Billis Gallery/LA 

Posted November 3, 2021

sold • private collection

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!