Student Violin



24"x16" oil on canvas ••• What can I say about this piece? Ah, how about this... Strings, like spokes on a motorcycle, really tick me off. If I painted in a more "traditional" style, they probably would not bother me so much. Not being able to let well enough alone, I am compelled to pound and carve at the little devils with color and variable tonal shifts. Every time I paint them I swear that I shall never paint them again. But, my convictions appear quite weak as I invariably return to them. So... Here's to painting strings and spokes and whatever else ticks me off!

This piece is currently hanging in my show at Brittany Davis Gallery in Ojai. If you get the chance, go check out my work!

Brittany Davis Gallery
214 E Ojai Ave Ojai, CA 93023
Tel: (714)369-9869
www.brittanydavisgallery.com 

Posted February 25, 2020



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!