Wind Up Tin Toy Robot Five

12"x12" oil on canvas (As promised, here is the second piece from my email twofer.) I promise these are the last of the little toy robots I am going to torture you with. My apologies if you do not like cute little wind up toy robots. I wanted to finish up showing you this series of five paintings to give you some insight into the workings of this artist's brain. Whenever my four remaining brain cells get together to form a thought (which is rare) they often lock onto the concept of painting pieces in a series. These little robot paintings are a good example: I painted one and then proceeded to stretch it out to a series of five pieces. As a matter of fact, I was thinking of taking it out to a series of nine, that would give me a nice three by three square when I display them. See how that works? I not only think of stretching the series out, but how that series will look as a shape and/or pattern. Considering that I do not know if there are actually nine of these little toy robots in existence does pose an interesting but not insurmountable challenge. Brain cell number three (I think he is the creative one) loves such challenges. Anyway, there you go, some insight into my thinking. Seeing as how my four remaining brain cells do not like each other, I am happy to form any thoughts at all, let alone any that are coherent enough to share.

Posted July 18, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!