Hemingway, E.

 

 8"x8" oil on panel ••• Mr. Hemingway here is another in my recent series of 8"x 8" portraits. There is much that can be said about Mr. Hemingway: How he changed the style of American storytelling or his ginormous ego or the way he lived his life or even the manner in which he chose to leave this mortal coil. But for me, the thing that really stands out about this titan of American prose is that wicked comb over of his. (Yes, I am that base.) My late maternal grandfather had a nasty comb over just like Mr. Hemingway's and let me tell you, when a gust of wind came up, that scary 9" flap of Grecian Formula rose up like an evil specter causing many a small dog to become incontinent. (Wow, I thought I had successfully blocked that memory.) Anyhow...
 

Posted August 12, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!