8"x12" oil on canvas ••• This diminutive piece with a heckuvalotta paint on it was a commission. What can I say? Somebody really loves their little car and I was honored to do a little portrait of it. • When asked about my paint handling, I like to joke that I wipe more paint off my knives while doing one piece than my fellow artists use all year. It is just a joke, but there is some truth in it. For example, there is enough paint on just the door in this piece to produce a much larger painting executed in the classic style. Take a look at the detail shots below and I think you will see what I am talking about. • Another question that is often thrown my way is, "What do you call your style?" Being the serious artist that I am, I usually respond with anything from, "Paint Hurling," to "Spackling," to "Championship Cupcake Icing," or even my go-to, "Wasting a Heckuvalotta Paint Whilst Daydreaming About Freshly Baked Cookies." In my opinion, the last one is by far the most accurate description. Actually, it is pretty much the way I go through life—just dreaming of my next encounter with cookies.

Posted August 9, 2020

sold • private collection los angeles, ca

 

Add caption
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!