Keystone 109D Projector

55"x44" oil on canvas ••• I may have shown you an easel shot of this piece earlier, but now I have a final photo and detail shots, so... woohoo. This piece, along with several other paintings of projectors, were to be in my solo show last year christening Laemmle Theatre's brand new Glendale theater. A theater, I later discovered, too small to hang large paintings like this one in. To say I was bummed out would be putting it mildly, but The Spousal Unit immediately grabbed the piece (very, very carefully) and hung it in our front room. And thus The Woman Who Rules My Life was happy. And you know how my universe works: If She is happy, I'm happy. Laemmle was wonderful enough to give me another show at their larger Pasadena theater and I am very happy to say that this large piece crowned my show.

Posted August 21, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!