Adventurer 620


6"x4" oil on panel ••• (As promised, here is the second piece from my email twofer.) Today's admission: I have painted a boatload of camera paintings because I have a boatload of cameras. Ahem, let's talk about something else. Here is a not-too-interesting factoid: We do not have TV in our house. I mean, we have television sets, just no piped in channels. Years ago, due to a technical snafu, we had to disconnect our television service. When I went to reconnect, The Spousal Unit promptly stated, "Don't do it for me, I don't want it." That was all I needed to hear. TV was killing me. I used to enjoy watching the news, but viewing those putative news channels with their ubiquitous panels of punditry gave me high blood pressure. Watching a panel of experts senselessly attack each other made my heart thump so hard I thought it was going to jump out of my chest. And how do those opiners know everything about everything? I agree with the French writer Paul Valery when he described opinions as "products of intellectual flatulence" that "relieve the man giving vent to them, but pollute the intellectual air of others." • So, to avoid me being gassed out of my mind or having a heart attack, we do not have TV. (Every husband reading this is saying to themselves, "You keep telling yourself that, buddy. But we all know the real reason is that your wife didn't want it." And... well... hmm... they would be right).

Posted August 16, 2019

sold • private collection los angeles, ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!