Another One of J's Pencil Sharpeners



20"x30" oil on canvas Yep, it is another one of The Goddess' pencil sharpeners. This rather unique Japanese pencil sharpener resides in a centrally located glass cabinet from which the little blue devil has taunted me on a daily basis... for years.It is an odd duck and I just could not wrap my head around painting it. Then, as is often the case, one day I pilfered the thing from the house and did a mini painting of it. That mini came out well, so I did the larger version you see above. There is something about pencil sharpeners that I am drawn to and I occasionally go out into the ether looking for interesting looking ones. (I know, it is a sad existence. To brutally misquote Phyllis Diller: "Hey, it's my lot in life. It's not a lot, but it's a life.")

This piece is currently on display in my show at the George Billis Gallery. Go check it out.

Raymond Logan / Everyday Icons 
February 23 - March 30, 2019 
George Billis Gallery/LA 
2716 S. La Cienega Boulevard / Los Angeles, CA 90034
310.838.3685 / www.georgebillis.com


Posted March 20, 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!