Frida

48"x32" oil on canvas Well, she's gone. The woman up and left me. Oh, I am not talking about The Spousal Unit, though people are continually surprised She has not amscrayed as well (I do not know why, but the people who seem to know me the best are the ones who are always the most surprised by Her staying). The woman in question is my Frida painting. Somebody bought her and she is already gone. I am pretty sure that I already showed you an easel shot of her, but since she has gone, I thought maybe it would be a good time to show you a proper picture of her along with some detail shots (Sign Up! to my emails to see the detail shots). I do not have much more to say about her other than to say those $&%$#@! flowers in her hair drove me nuts. After I thought I had finished them, I decided to destroy them and paint them all over again. NOTE: In the context of my painting "style," the term "destroy" usually means "spackle over" and yes, "$&%$#@!" is in the official lexicon of painting terminology.

Posted September 12, 2018

sold • private collection los angeles, ca
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!