Rotary Phone Red

20"x30" oil on canvas ••• Every now and again, something slips through the cracks (like my sanity). This piece somehow slipped through. I thought I had shown it to you, but I guess I had not, so here it is now in all of its gooey goodness. • When people encounter my work in person, they often hit me with this question: "How heavy are your paintings? They must weigh a lot." Sometimes the occasional, "Are you insane?" gets thrown in for good measure. • To be honest, I had not really thought about the weight of all that paint (I stopped thinking about my sanity years ago). Heck, I am just happy when the goo does not end up all over my clothes. • Anyway, the questioning did make me pay more attention and, you know what, my canvases do seem much heavier after I spackle them. This must be why I make The Spousal Unit lift all my paintings for me. (If you believe that one, I have some great oceanfront property in Colorado I think you might be interested in.)
 
Posted September 22, 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!