African Daisies and Statice

12"x8" oil on canvas panel It would seem that some sort of cosmic alignment needs to take place for me to paint flowers. Don't get me wrong, I love flowers. I just don't paint them a lot. History has shown that the cosmic equation goes something like this:



And let me tell you, that woman can make a bouquet out of just about anything. If you gave Her petrified lizards, lemon peel from last night's salmon, and an empty bottle of Wild Turkey found at the side of the Sierra Highway, I bet She would make a nice arrangement out of it. (May smell nasty, but it would look nice.) Her victims this time were some African daises (what some people call "Freeway Daisies"), some statice, and some sort of empty spice bottle. The tops of the daisies are such a light purple that they appear white. They are lighter than lilac. Lighter Than Lilac? That sounds like a name for a retro soft rock band. You know, like The Little River Band, but in drag. How I went from talking about painting flowers to coming up with a name for a cross-dressing 1970s cover band I will never know.

Posted March 10, 2016

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I like your style with flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the flowers just dance with light and energy, so maybe the band reference isn't such a stretch. You may not paint flowers often, Ray, but you certainly paint them well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Helene!
      I was wondering if I would catch flack for the band reference. So far, so good.

      Delete

 
Sign Up!