Low Chuck Red

24"x36" oil on canvas I recently received an inquiry about this painting from someone who saw it at the last Beverly Hills Art Show. It was a timely communique because it reminded me of two things: 1) I have not shown this piece to you before, and 2) To tell you that the Beverly Hills Art Show is coming up (see below for more info). With the piece measuring 24"x36," this is the largest shoe I have ever painted. It is also a pretty good example of my color work, not all of which shows up here due to the fact my camera hates me. Except for the dark background, there is hardly an inch of the piece where a cool color does not abut a warm or where two disparate colors are not sitting side by side snarking at each other. Residing in the canvas of that single shoe are warm reds, cool reds, blues, yellows, greens, and the ever popular "whatever" color. (I believe art books refer to that last color as "Everything Plus the Kitchen Sink.") I hope you enjoy my heckuvah big shoe and I also hope to see you in person at the show (that is if you happen to be on this side of the planet).

Posted October 6, 2015

sold • private collection los angeles, ca


The Beverly Hills Art Show
(http://beverlyhills.org/exploring/beverlyhillsartshow)
 

I will be in space #140, in the first park between Rodeo and Beverly Boulevards. Saturday & Sunday, October 17th & 18th / 10am to 5pm both days. If you are going to be on this side of the world, drop by and see me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!