My Sogard Hand Drill

32"x16" oil on canvas I love this drill! It's in great shape, has great balance, great colors, and you can store your bits in the handle! I mean... how cool is that? You see that thingy on the top of the handle? It unscrews revealing a secret compartment. Actually, it's not so secret, it was not uncommon for these drills to have a storage compartment in the handle, but I still thinks it's cool. Yes, I have an unhealthy love of (good) tools. It's a disease I like having AND it requires no penicillin. This piece creeps up on being almost 3 feet tall and is in a 2-to-1 ratio, which is somewhat unusual for me. I might do more in this format, but honestly, it has less to do with what I want, than it does with what the piece calls for. As the Great Mongo once said, "Mongo only pawn... in game of life." Me too, buddy, me too.

Posted September 8, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!