Adventurer 620 Camera

10"x8" oil on canvas panel Another one of those cameras I saw and just had to have. Somewhat bulky, a bit brittle and awkward, it is totally not designed to go on any sort of adventure and there is the proclamation right on the faceplate, "Adventurer." A bold misnomer if ever there was one. Still, it is a good looking little camera and my addiction dictated that I had to have it. People often ask me about my color work. I never know how to respond, except to say that I follow that age old version of color theory, so prized by the masters, the very sophisticated "Total Insanity" method. This little piece is a good example of it. The grays of the faceplate and the background have every color on my palette thrown at them. Blacks, whites, and grays are the devil's playground for my not-so-idle hands. (That was a bizarre sentence and I would apologize for it, but I don't understand it myself.)
 
Posted January 23, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!