Scott's Revere 85 8mm Projector

30"x20" oil on canvas This painting was one heck of a challenge. The heat sink ridges on the left were enough to drive me mad, let alone all the little chromy parts taunting me by saying, "Look at us! Bouncing light and reflections all around and you can't do anything about it." You see? When the shiny bits start talking to you, you've gone over the edge. I take comfort in fact that it sold at the show. I couldn't handle it being in the studio and talking about me behind my back.

Report on The Beverly Hills Art Show
This past weekend I was in the Beverly Hills Art Show selling my wares. Great friends, great collectors (regulars & new), great sales (van was much lighter going home), great rangers (thanks for not using your tasers on me), great neighbors (wonderful artists), great staff (show ran smoothly), great weather (I didn't come out looking like a lobster), great food (thanks Viv / Richard, I am still waiting for that avocado and agave chocolate pudding recipe) - all in all, a great show. The roving paramedic even promised that, if I went down, he would zap me with his paddles so I could keep selling—what a guy. The Spousal Unit was there for the entire show, which was just wonderful for me. Yep, it was a good one.
  
Posted May 20, 2014


sold • private collection beverly hills, ca

1 comment:

  1. Carol HollingsheadMay 20, 2014 at 6:29 PM

    You so deserve such success! The painting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

 
Sign Up!