NO AGE

6"x4" oil on raymar panel. • This is just up the street from a diner I like to eat at. The thought crossed my ever-shrinking mind to change the signage to read, "NO ART," but I did not want to run afoul of any downtown denizens seeking purity. Reality is, looking at this building up close, I do not see how 'purity' comes into it, but there you go. Might paint this one larger—haven't made up my mind.  •  The diner is the Nickel Diner and it is located in Downtown Los Angeles. They have these donuts—like a maple bacon and one called an Irish car bomb—that are pretty wicked. They are the type of donuts that Spawn Number One loves. If I eat them, my aorta explodes out of my chest and walks out the door in protest, but at least the kid enjoys it.

Posted February 7, 2013

2 comments:

  1. If only they made 'no age' donuts. Think of the market...
    Love your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bold use of colour in all your paintings. MMMmmm donuts!

    ReplyDelete

 
Sign Up!