Toshiba Transistor Radio

6"x4" oil on raymar panel. Yes, I have witlessly stumbled upon more subject matter: transistor radios. Most of them are pretty plain, but some are really cool and nicely designed. I will not go into the history of the transistor war between the U.S. and Japan (my family being somewhat involved on a tertiary level), because the story, while probably consisting of only a few sentences, smacks of sour grapes and bores even me.    A key lesson that my (almost) daily painting has taught me is to keep my eyes open and aware of the world around me, because you never know what might pop up as interesting subject matter. If you would have told me a year ago that I would be painting transistor radios, I would have cocked my head sideways like a puppy and wondered what the heck you were talking about. Today, my head still often cocks sideways like a puppy, usually when The Spawn do something I do not understand (which is just about everything the imps do), but here I am painting a transistor radio. You just never know.
Posted July 17, 2012
sold • private collection west hollywood, ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!