Portable Philco Radio

12"x12" oil on canvas. For all of you old movie buffs out there, this is the model radio that Katharine Hepburn and Jimmy Stewart danced to (thoroughly intoxicated) in the great movie "The Philadelphia Story." Yes, I guess I have way too much time on my hands.    I have been experimenting with cross-polarization when shooting pictures of my work. It is where both the lights and the camera have polarizing filters over them. It has really helped knock down the glare and highlights, but has not fixed the weird colors my nefarious camera comes up with. There are some turquoisy colors in the background strips that just didn't come up here, even after I tried adjusting them in PhotoShop.    I am still contemplating an exorcism for my imp of a camera, but a new camera might be cheaper than the priest and having to clean or possibly repaint the walls.

I will be in space #137 (same as last time). Saturday & Sunday, May 19th & 20th    10am to 6pm both days 

Posted May 17, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!