SLO Gray House

4"x6" oil on raymar panel. This is another of those old farm buildings hiding on the hill behind the San Luis Obispo Home Depot. It is also a candidate for a larger painting. The composition is not all that intriguing, but the grays on the side of the house are where I live as an artist. That sentence makes it sound like I live in this old farmhouse, which I don't. What I meant was that grays are a playground for an artist; pushing them here and there just to see what is going to happen is sheer bliss and agony. Gray is great. And I am not just saying that because my own cranial thatch has gone somewhat gray. Okay, okay—really gray, which is surprising for an 18 year old underwear model like myself. Oh yeah, I'm going to perdition for that one. Anyway, don't be surprised if in the future you see this larger and even more scary than this little one.

And now for some internet cross pollination...
Go check out my Daily Painter Review of landscape artist Laurel Daniel. Here is the link: www.dailypainterreview.com


Posted July 12, 2011
sold • private collection culver city, ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!