Lollipop Heart




















6"x4" oil on raymar panel. Happy Valentine's Day! Wait, what? Okay, so my timing is a bit off... but only by about 84 days or so. Time was of the essence, the little candy's life is in danger and I fear he will not last much longer. Two of these heart-shaped lollipops mysteriously appeared in the house. Some chronologically challenged neighbor must have slipped them into the kid's Halloween bag or they were part of some illicit schoolyard trade, I don't know. Anyway, one has already disappeared, which means there is a secret campaign to knock them off. I finally find another interesting looking piece of candy and it is being hunted by some nefarious imp, so I just had to paint it. Besides, how could I pass on the insanity of painting cellophane?

Posted November 22, 2010
sold • private collection pasadena, ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!