Lilliput Cottage




















6"x4" oil on raymar panel. There are two things I could discuss here. One being how painting something so annoyingly detailed is a challenge and the second being how this seemingly innocuous lump of plaster almost killed me. Let's see... Tough decision... Let's go with number two, shall we? It was a dark, windless Fall night and I was on patrol (on my way to get a late night snack). I was feeling secure in the fact that the war zone (the living room) had been swept clean of all land mines (toys). Unbeknownst to me, the security of the curio had been secretly breached. I don't know when or how, all I know is that an entire village of these %@#&$ figurines had been set up right in my path to the kitchen. It's not the stepping on the dang thing that will kill you, it's the apoplectic lurching that follows and where your frame lands. My spasms luckily took me to the couch. Another foot to the right and I would have been a goner. So, I guess I have that to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

Posted November 24, 2010
sold • private collection west hollywood, ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!