Turn Left at Santa Fe Road


8"x12" oil on canvas panel. Here is the last in my burst of these 8x12's. I did four this time around and would like to do more. You might recognize this because I did it small, and boy, did I receive the commentary on that one. All of it positive, thank you, but a few people brought up the issue of how, on the smaller painting, the sign didn't seem to stand out enough. Well, your concept of "enough" and my concept of "enough" could be wildly different. But, before painting this, I took a look at the smaller painting and made the decision to bring up the intensity of the colors on the sign. Intensity does not equal value, the values are pretty much the same, but the intensity, or trueness of the colors, are brought up. I know, I know... "What the heck is the 'trueness of colors?'" I really don't know, but it sounded good when I typed it AND we have pumpkin pie in the house. Goodbye.
Posted September 14, 2010
sold • private collection west hollywood, ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!