Celeste #2





















6"x4" oil on board. I present to you Celeste #2. Besides the technique being obviously different, it was painted with a different spirit. After finishing the first painting I was just itching to take a different tack and still catch who Celeste is. I hope I succeeded. After the wonderful reception Celeste's portrait received yesterday, I'll have to admit that I was a little reluctant to send this one out to you today. They are two different paintings of the same person and I wondered about the reception the second would receive. And then I thought to myself, "Self," I said, "you know, its what you do, you paint these and send them out into the world to who knows what kind of reception. The reception is not the point, the act of painting is what is important". Besides the fact that that little conversation with myself proves the harmful effects of longtime exposure to hazardous chemicals, it's has truth in it. Why did I paint this painting? Because I wanted to AND I enjoyed it. I chased Celeste's spirit one more time and I hope I caught it.

Posted June 2, 2009
private collection santa monica, ca
 
Sign Up!