Easel Buddy





















6"x4" oil on board. I really wanted to call this "The Lush". The stare this idea elicited from my wife, a diehard Pokey fan, dashed that one instantly. So, I settled for the next best thing, "Easel Buddy". Why Easel Buddy? Well, I had been planning on painting a portrait of the dear and venerable Pokey ever since I painted his partner in crime, the nefarious Mr. Gumby. The problem being that the only available Pokey figure has failing wire in his appendages. Despite this malady, I must admit to enjoying his company on my easel. But just look at him! A lush if ever one existed – not only drunk as a skunk, but having the gall to flaunt it! Anyway, I just couldn't resist painting him, so I present to you my Easel Buddy the honorable and inebriated Pokey.

Posted May 14, 2009
 
Sign Up!