Fan without a Name (Yet)

6" x 6" oil on panel ••• As per the Official Artist Bylaws, dangerous electric fans are an obligatory subject matter that must be painted by we object painters. A friend of mine gave me this menacing little fan and the above is my second attempt at painting it. (I know, I know, you are shocked that I have friends and no, they are not imaginary.) I finished the 6x6 you see above yesterday, hence the easel shot and absence of a title. My first attempt is shown below. The thought had crossed my addled mind to paint the fan larger, but I cannot quite see it yet, so I keep making these little studies in a vain attempt to make up my mind. If I go larger, and I am not saying I will, I am leaning towards the one staring straight at us, daring us to plug it in and test the efficacy of that wholly inadequate blade guard.

Posted June 24, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!