Bottle Blue



16"x20" oil on canvas ••• As it is with my box cameras, so too with my bottles—I have... let me use a concise term... many. (Yes, that is a dodge. Coming up with an accurate count risks possible marital disruption.) There is a group out there who would like nothing better than if I only painted glass. (You know who you are!) A collector-now-friend of mine has gone so far as to walk up to me with a box filled will his bottle collection as a gift. His wishes were explicit: Raymond, paint more bottles! (He actually only likes The Spousal Unit and just tolerates me as an unavoidable inconvenience.) Knowing I love blue bottles, another friend sent me the blue bottle you see in the above painting. (Even though they imply digestive issues, who doesn't love blue bottles?) Experience has shown me that making promises about what I may or may not paint in the future is unwise. Let me just say that painting glass poses the type of challenge that I seem to rise to, so the odds are good that I will be painting more. (Yes, that is another noncommittal dodge.) • All asides aside...

Posted March 12, 2020


Available at George Billis Gallery 
Sorry, not detail shots for this one, but if you would like to see it in person, just go by the gallery* and they would be more than happy to show it to you.

*George Billis Gallery/LA 
2716 S. La Cienega Boulevard / Los Angeles, CA 90034 
310.838.3685 / www.georgebillis.com


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!