VW Bus

12"x12" oil on canvas We all seem to have "going out and partying with our friends in a VW Bus" stories (don't we?). I remember trying to get to a party with some friends in a VW Bus on a steep Los Angeles street—sections of Los Angeles have steeper streets than San Francisco. Ah, San Francisco, such fond memories. Remind me to tell you about the time I once fell out of a parked car and rolled down a street in wonderful old San Francisco. On second thought, don't remind me. Where was I? Oh yeah, stuck on an almost vertical L.A. street with a bunch of my still sober (vertical) friends. VW Bus engines are so weak and that street was so steep that the van just stopped in the middle of the street and refused to go up the hill. We all had to get out and push it to get it going again AND we had to walk to the party. As they say, nobody walks in L.A. (I think it might be a city ordinance violation to walk in L.A.) so the whole walking concept was new to us. Actually, going down the hill after the party in the VW Bus was much more terrifying than getting stuck going up the hill.

Posted August 21, 2018

sold • private collection orange, ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!