Pink Handled Cap Gun

4"x6" oil on masonite panel I procured this little toy gun as a subject for a much larger painting than this and... Oh yeah, I got it for that pink handle! Anyway, like I was typing, I bought this to paint larger later on, but I had one of those urges to paint and that shiny little gun was just screaming at me. It is great coming into the studio, not even planning on painting, and just getting the urge to go for it. This subject needed some off-the-cuff experimentation anyway and BAM paintings are a great way to go about it. So, BAM! Here it is for you in gooey oil paint. On another note... I have been judged into the Beverly Hills Art Show. It is coming up in about a week and a half. See more details below.
•••••
The Beverly Hills Art Show
(http://beverlyhills.org/exploring/beverlyhillsartshow)
I will be showing my wares in space #140, that's in the first park between Rodeo and Beverly Boulevards. Saturday & Sunday, May 21st & 22nd / 10am to 6pm both days. If you are going to be on this side of the world, drop by and see me! There's a heckuvah lot of art and good food (the food trucks are supposed to be great), so come and check it out.

•••••
Posted May 11, 2016


sold • private collection

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!