.38 Snubnose

4"x6" oil on masonite panel Many moons ago, in one of my previous lives in New York City, I stopped to talk to a sidewalk t-shirt vendor. I wasn't looking for a t-shirt, I just had a habit back then of stopping and talking to the sidewalk vendors. (Hey, in a city where you could encounter a guy on the sidewalk selling fine Italian silk ties for $2, the vendors usually had something interesting to say.) Anyway, the t-shirt guy had a shirt with a black and white image of a .38 pistol, like the one you see here, along with the elegantly typeset words: "New York City / STANDARD EQUIPMENT." Another shirt in the antagonistically proud series had an image of an 11 inch cockroach with: "New York City / ACTUAL SIZE." Now, that is civic pride! As indicated above, I do commissions. If you are interested, just contact me and we'll talk.

Posted September 1, 2015

sold•commission•private collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!