My Corona Clippers

6"x4" oil on raymar panel I had just cleaned and oiled these babies and was on my way to sharpening them, when they made a fortuitous detour into my studio. Even garden shears need a rest sometime. When I first thought about painting larger pieces, one subject to cross my oh-so-small mind were these clippers. That was about maybe three or four pairs ago and I still haven't tackled that painting. Oh yeah, I ab"use" my clippers. And yes, sometimes they mysteriously disappear like the lemons off our tree in the front yard (You know who you are!). (Notice how I changed the subject from my not painting a piece to people stealing our lemons? Just shifty.) Anyway... Gray, well-worn metal is just irresistible to me. Look deeply and you will see all sorts of things going on in that wonderfully seasoned patina. I can throw my whole palette at it and much of it sticks. Just another annoying reminder: This is the last week of The Cityscape Show IV over at the George Billis Gallery in Culver City (see info below). If you haven't seen my three pieces in the show, try to get over there and check them out.
  
Posted August 18, 2014


sold • private collection albuquerque, nm


The Cityscape Show IV
(www.georgebillis.com/exhibitions1.html)
Show Dates: July 12th to August 23rd

Summer Hours: Tuesday - Saturday, 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
George Billis Gallery
2716 S. La Cienega Boulevard / Los Angeles, CA 90034
310.838.3685 / la@georgebillis.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!