Bilora Boy Camera

5"x5" oil on door skin panel I have always loved this camera and had been hunting for one for quite some time when one popped up on Etsy. So, BAM, I picked it up and here it is in oil paint. This little bakelite beauty was Germany's post WWII response to the Kodak Brownie. And a beautiful response it was. Just a wonderful example of great industrial design with its elegant, yet simple lines. Can you tell?—I love this camera. Just like the little promo says, "Mensch prima!" I have no idea what that means, but I do know that is either an awfully small boy or an awfully large camera in that ad.



The Cityscape (Group) Show IV at the George Billis Gallery/LA
(www.georgebillis.com/exhibitions1.html)
Opening Reception: July 12th / 5 - 8 PM
Show Dates: July 12th to August 23rd
I will be exhibiting in this group show running from July 12th to August 23rd. Come to the opening reception this Saturday, check it out. I will be there holding up the walls.

George Billis Gallery
2716 S. La Cienega Boulevard / Los Angeles, CA 90034
310.838.3685 / la@georgebillis.com
  
Posted July 9, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!