Kodak Brownie Starflash Camera Red

10"x8" oil on canvas. This camera came in four colors: black, white, red, and blue. I procured two (yes, legally), a red and a blue. The grand idea crossed my gray cells to paint them straight-on, with that beautiful blue flash bulb reflected in the chrome. Well, that idea turned out to be bunk. When you turn the camera straight at you, instead of the flash bulb reflecting in interestingly twisted and fun ways, the whole chrome dish just turns blue with hardly any variation. Once I stopped yawning, I turned the camera to the position you see above to make the chrome more interesting. Of course, the reflections were psychotic, but psychotic is okay with me. At least it's a challenge.
Posted September 19, 2012

sold • private collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!