Empty Tang Jar




















6"x4" oil on raymar panel
. To give you an idea of this jar's age, the lid has the words "NEW, NEW, NEW..." running all around it and the top is stamped 89¢. It is also a sample of an artist just painting what is around them. I saw this jar, something I have come upon a thousand times, and it finally dawned on me to paint it. It is a longtime member of our household, being the official holder of our stash of TSP. I just could not resist the temptation of seeing what that lid would look like refracting through the jar. Many people wrote in about yesterday's baseball painting. In particularly, about the pedestal. Why? I don't know. Anyway, here's the skinny: That fancy pedestal is actually an old IKEA lamp base. I was looking for something to put the ball on and the Spousal Unit goes and yanks the electric bits off the top of this lamp and said, "Here. Use this." What a woman... magnanimous to a fault (as long as I return her jar, with all its TSP, to its rightful spot).
Posted December 8, 2011
sold • private collection berkeley, ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!