Tokibot Toy Robot Clock Thingy




















6"x4" oil on raymar panel
. Where to begin... Ah, I know: This painting was by the Queen's Command. Yep, you guessed it, the Spousal Unit said this painting shall be done and so it was. Yes, I am filing a complaint with the State Board of Labor against my employer (if she lets me). That has got to be one of my longest titles. I had thought of other titles, such as, "Give Me All Your Money, Human!" or "Hey Buddy, Where's the Head?" I don't know why, but it looks like it's asking for money or it has to go to the bathroom or something. See what happens when you stare at an inanimate object for too long? The challenge with painting such darlingly detailed little subjects is that all those details sometimes blind you to the overall—while all those cute little chrome details are "neat," I couldn't let them distract me from the structure and values of the piece or the painting would just fall apart. And that would make the Queen most... displeased.
Posted October 27, 2011
sold • private collection irvine, ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!