Cafe Dining Cars Sign


4"x6" oil on raymar panel. My intention was to paint the actual Cafe Dining Cars. But the building, which consists of two rail cars, is almost completely masked behind fences, board ups, weeds, etc. Standing there, thoroughly bummed, I glanced up and as soon as my eyesight returned (yes, I am stupid enough to look up at the sun) I saw this too-heavy-for-the-roof sign and it seemed like a possibility. This diminished establishment is just east or north of Buellton proper. As it is with many rural towns, it's tough to know what actually constitutes Buellton proper. Because of all its billboards, for road warriors like me, it would seem the nexus of the town is Pea Soup Andersen's Restaurant - don't know why it isn't Andersen's Pea Soup Restaurant. Anyway, my presumption would probably tick off the normally peaceful denizens of Buellton, so let's keep my little observations between you, me and this faded old sign.
Posted September 30, 2010
sold • private collection bountiful, ut

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!