Shadow Barn out on Huasna Road


4"x6" oil on raymar panel. I know you think I paint too many barns, but the shadows on this one were great. This is the type of scene you just fly by while driving your truck down a country road hoping to get a good shot at a vulture eating road kill or at least a rattle snake slithering along. I actually did encounter a rather large rattler, but did not run it over, much to the dismay of a couple of ranch hands I later met. They not only thought I should have run over it, but that after running over it, I should have backed up and run over it again. It is hard to find people in better humor than two guys sitting in a pick-up truck by the road picking off ground squirrels (cattle can break their ankles/legs in ground squirrel holes). For them, life is good – the guys in the truck – not the squirrels. What was I talking about? Oh yeah, the painting. The shadows and the staging of the barn by the trees, scrub and glowing hill above caught my eye, so here it is in oil. Let's see if I can pronounce Huasna for you: wahz•nah. Probably wrong, but there you go. Beautiful place. Here is a link to one of its farms: www.huasnavalleyfarm.com
Posted August 19, 2010
sold • private collection los angeles, ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sign Up!