Bottle with Cork




















6"x4" oil on raymar panel. Let's see, where was I... Oh yeah, trying not to cut my fingers off while framing paintings for this weekend's show. Just a little distracted, but there are some things to say about this painting. Whilst I love painting glass, the background is what intrigued me here. It is made up of at least five colors with the introduction of Indian Yellow onto my palette. I am a glob painter and I am learning that Indian Yellow, due to its transparency, isn't necessarily a glob hue. It's an influence color. What the heck does that mean? It influences the colors you mix it with without overwhelming them and, what's really cool, it doesn't seem to move the other colors' values around all that much. I am just glad they no longer make it from the urine of brahma bulls fed mango leaves. Yuck!

Posted May 12, 2010
private collection woodland hills, ca
 
Sign Up!