Blueberries


4"x6" oil on raymar panel. Blueberry blue is a beautiful gray blue. At least I think it is. It's tempting to try to pump it up, but that would be a mistake. It's beauty is in its subtlety. It's almost as if a pall of mist is cast over it subduing it, only slowly revealing its depth and beauty. And then, I ate them. What? To abrupt an ending? I was hungry and I love blueberries. Just be surprised they lasted long enough for me to paint them.

A New Addition to the Daily Paintworks Family
I am proud to announce a new addition to the Daily Paintworks family of twelve. She is Vermont artist Susan Abbott. Her work employs many different media and subject matter: oil, watercolor, mixed, pencil, pen, landscape, figurative, still life - whatever she chooses. I think that's pretty cool and I think you'll like her work. Go check it out at www.dailypaintworks.com . And while your there, check all twelve of us out.

Posted March 19, 2010
private collection lebanon, in
 
Sign Up!