Hot Handle


4"x6" oil on raymar panel. Chrome is fun to paint, and no, I did not break our faucet! Plumbing and I do not really get along, but I did not break this handle off. When it gives you a tough time, chrome sometimes feels like drywall. How? Well, drywalling is something you do every ten or fifteen years or so to remind yourself why you pay somebody else to do it. It's a stretch I know, but sometimes chrome feels like a trap like that, a "What the heck am I doing here?!" situation. You get through this by attacking it – look, trust and be happy with the accidents that might happen. Those four spokes reflected every darn thing in the studio. I had not really anticipated that, but if I had, how boring would that have been?Posted February 25, 2010
sold • private collection los angeles, ca
 
Sign Up!